Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1704 of October 19, 2020 approved the Rules for determining new investment projects, and to implement these projects the public funds of a constituent entity of the Russian Federation, released as a result of a decrease in the amount of debt repayment of a constituent entity of the Russian Federation to the Russian Federation on budget loans, are subject to be used by the constituent entity of the Russian Federation as budget investments in infrastructure facilities.
Possible infrastructure financing facilities:
- investments in state (municipal) facilities (the region is the construction project owner); a subsidy to legal entity (100% of the shares belongs to the region) for the construction or acquisition of infrastructure facilities;
- a subsidy to legal entity (any owner) to recover the costs of creating infrastructure facilities.
The released funds can be directed only to:
- the creation of infrastructure facilities necessary for implementation of new investment projects;
- payment for design and survey work and work on the development of documentation for infrastructure facilities;
- utility connection.
Creation of new permanent facilities or reconstruction of existing facilities that are put to use after January 1, 2021;
- investments of more than 50 Mio rubles;
- extraction of mineral resources;
- industries related to promising economic specializations of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation, provided for in the Strategy for Spatial Development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2025;
- housing construction;
- housing and utilities infrastructure; construction or reconstruction of highways (road sections and (or) highway structures), implemented by the constituent entities of the Russian Federation within concession agreements;
- road facilities within the framework of public private partnership;
- public transport;
- construction of airport infrastructure;
- electricity, gas, steam supply.